Many of the IT professionals I work with have tremendous knowledge and expertise and as a result they can see opportunities and issues that not many others can see. I’ve also noticed that many of these experts struggle to get buy in to their ideas. Non technical professionals (and some IT management) just don’t seem to “get it” in the same way that IT professionals do. In contrast I’ve noticed the great relationships IT sales teams have with non technical professionals. Of course they are well funded and trained in the art of sales.
I realised that for IT professionals to be successful and have the impact that they want to have requires not only great technical expertise but also requires a second expertise, the ability to influence others. If you can build this second expertise then not only will you have a bigger impact for your organisations but you will most likely get to work with great technology and make the contribution you want to make.
From IT Guru to Business Influencer
To address this need I have created an online course dedicated to supporting IT professionals who realise that making a real difference requires both technical expertise and influencing skills. If you choose to undertake this course you will get access to an online community and resources for a 2 month period. The resources available to you include:
- An influence curriculum that has been specifically developed to support IT gurus to build influencing skills. The curriculum is captured in written form and in a series of videos that you can access at any time.
- Exercises and tutorials for you to use to turn the knowledge you have acquired into actual skills.
- 6 weekly group coaching webinars where you can review progress with Owen and your cohort and discuss any questions you may have. These webinars will be recorded and posted to the community for viewing at a time that is most convenient for you.
- An hour long online personal mentoring session with Owen where you can review progress and receive in depth support and guidance from Owen in the context of your personal experience.
- An online forum where you can post, sharing your successes and failures. You can also use the forum to ask questions of the community and share your learning with the community. This peer support network facilitates learning in a safe friendly environment. Owen McCall, the host of the community contributes to the forum on a regular basis providing an additional level of support and learning.
- A repository of resources you can access that contain resources or links to resources that will support you to develop your influencing skills and expertise.
Special Offer – Join by 31 December and receive a 30% discount.